Saturday, September 18, 2010

Something Old, Something New

Just a quick post today to brag on my new friend Ricardo. He is teaching me how to reupholster furniture (it's not as easy as you would think!) and is pretty much a miracle worker in my book. These two chairs were basically ragged remnants that were in our storage space for the last three years. I wish I had thought to take before pics, but I failed to think that far ahead. Let me assure you, however, they weren't pretty.

Apartment Therapy has been doing a lot of articles on antiques/flea/thrift treasures and all the reasons to buy old rather than new...it's environmentally and economically friendly, and you're likely to have the furniture for life---as they say, they don't make them like they used to!

For far less than the price of ONE new upholstered chair, here is the magic that Ricardo worked on my two sad little chairs:
Cotton canvas outdoor fabric from Hancock on sale at $5 a yard...soooo comfy, and puppy/kiddo friendly to boot!


Spa blue linen and chocolate fabrics. Our puppy sneaked into the background on the right!
He put hidden zippers on all the cushions so they can be removed and washed. And yes, the blue color in each is the same. I didn't want them to match, just coordinate. Did I mention that he will pick up and deliver, too? Go see him at Greystone Antiques!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there,

    Pretty cool blog. I will be sue to check back soon as I want to see more.

    Brian
    Panna Days, Guiness Nights
    An Alternate Truth

    ReplyDelete